Sunday, January 24, 2010

Word of the Day: Rambunctious



So, I teach third grade in Texas. I teach in a small city near Dallas. My school is the lowest income school in my town, but I love that about it. These kids need us. Sometimes there are VERY sad stories, but sometimes kids are just plain funny. They don't mean to be, they just are. They are so resilent.

This is a one of my brightest student's work. The word of the day was rambunctious. We discuss the word together, and then the kids make their own picture and sentence. Hers just made me laugh.

Sidenote: She is named after a very famous singer. In fact, she is the only other person by this name I have ever met. I am guessing there are probably many more little girls named this now though.

Anyway, she is just a great kid. Her sentence for rambunctious says: "The woman went to the bar to get a drink. After she was done she got all rambunctious the whole night dancing."

No comments:

Post a Comment