I have the ditziest kid I have ever encountered this year, and I love her. Bless her heart. She is so funny.
A few examples.
Me to another child, "I like your dress"
Ditzy: "It's a sweater."
Me: "Yeah, a sweater dress."
Ditzy: "huh?"
Today a water main broke, and there were lots of fans in the hall and people working to clean the mess. Our classroom was down a few doors from this. The fans were kind of loud.
Ditzy: "Why is it so windy out there?" (in the hallway)
Me: "you think it's wind?"
Ditzy: "Yeah, I see someone's hair blowing."
One day at the end of the day, there was extra time so we played I spy.
Me: "I spy something that is striped."
Ditzy: "Uh, the curtains"
Me: (laughing) "Those aren't striped"
Ditzy: "Yeah, but they are polka dots"
Me: "Polka dots aren't stripes"
Ditzy: "Yeah, but they are colorful?"
I love her. I think I sometimes, unfortunately identify with her ditziness as I have my moments. The look on this girls face when she is having her moments is priceless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment